EXPECTATIONS FOR LTC CONVENTION SPONSORS (Chaperones)
Church Coordinators are responsible for ensuring that these guidelines are reviewed with each member of their group and that each person fully understands what is expected of them.
1. At the convention, adequate adult supervision is necessary for all student participants. This means a minimum of ONE adult per hotel room will be required. It is the sponsor’s responsibility to maintain supervision of their participants at all times.
2. It is expected that all convention attendants will be on their best behavior. Remember that you are guests in your hotel, no running and playing in the buildings. Proper behavior in the pool area is also requested.
3. Curfew for all convention attendants is 11:30 PM, both Friday and Saturday nights. Chaperones are expected to strictly enforce this curfew.
4. It is recommended that participants locate the event room in which they will participate at least 30 minutes prior to the starting time of the event. Be aware that printed event schedule times are approximate and subject to change. For latest information, check at the Event Director or the LTC Registration/Information Booth.
5. Stay in the event room during the time when participants are participating. Each event area will have specific rules about entering and exiting the room. Posted rules at the event rooms regarding entering and exiting will be monitored for compliance by convention staff.
6. The name tag received at registration serves is your credentials for the convention. It must be worn at all times. No one (student or adult) will be allowed to enter an event area without a name tag.
7. The LTC Registration/Information Booth will serve as the central distribution point for all updates and information. It will also serve as a Lost and Found station during the convention.
8. All attire must be clean and modest. No extreme fads. Clothing with advertising words or pictures of a less than wholesome nature will NOT be allowed. Shorts, bare midriffs, or thin strapped tops are NOT allowed. Everyone is encouraged to wear your LTC T-shirts.
9. NO CELL PHONES!! Chaperones, please help your kids understand that cell phones are NOT allowed to be turned on in the event rooms and during devotional or meeting times. In fact, we would prefer the telephone distraction be non-existent.
10. All sponsors are expected to attend and participate with your kids. You are responsible for their behavior AT ALL TIMES….at the convention activities and at the hotels.
REMEMBER THAT YOUR LEADERSHIP DIRECTLY AFFECTS PEOPLE’S IMPRESSIONS OF CHRISTIANS. CREATE A POSITIVE REFLECTION OF YOUR GROUP, YOUR FAMILY, AND JESUS BY MAINTAINING HIGH STANDARDS OF CONDUCT AMONG THE YOUNG PEOPLE YOU ARE SUPERVISING.